Monday, November 21, 2011

What Makes It All Worthwhile

A short post today since I'm getting over the sniffles, but I just wanted to write briefly on the joys of kids.


Here's an example:
Today, one of the babies that I work with was in her mother's arms, just waking up from a nap, and she literally leaned far out of her mom's arms, reaching for me.  It was so adorable!  The fact that a person so small would have that much trust in a person outside her family is very touching.


In the midst of strained nerves and disobedient students, moments like the one I described make every stressful minute worthwhile.  Every frustration and set-back is relieved by the love of an innocent and completely dependent child.  It is moments like these that remind me of where the seemingly destructive hooligans came from, and who they can be.  Treasure these precious memories, and when life seems dark and dreary, pull out a happy time and regain strength and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment