Monday, December 18, 2017

O Baby!


I realize it's been quite a while since my last post, and I haven't been keeping up with my resolution to post at least once a week . . . for oh, the last six months or so.  But here's why . . . you see, pregnant.  With a beautiful baby girl, who we'll call Calamity Jane in these posts.  And between pregnancy and work and all the other things in life that keep marching on, this blog has taken a back burner.  And will likely continue to do so for quite a while.
But I wanted to take a moment and comment on the beauty of God's grace and how I would not be this far along with this pregnancy and this peaceful about ALL THE THINGS if it wasn't for His grace working in me and through the people around me.  I have always known (or at least for the past twenty years or so) that my vocation is a wife and mother.  The first year of marriage (which was incredible, full of growth and love) was also met with some impatience and disappointment . . . because as much as I wanted to, we didn't get pregnant immediately.  It took a good ten months, but thank goodness for God's timing.  He really does know EXACTLY what we need and when, regardless of what we may have in mind.  Turns out those ten months were a Godsend for many reasons, and I know my marriage is a million times stronger facing this new change in our lives than if we'd gotten pregnant right away.
And then in July we found out we were pregnant with our little bundle of joy, and we couldn't have been more thrilled!  Sure, there were stresses and new things to consider . . . bills; work; doctors; delivery; baby stuff.  You know . . . life with a baby on the way.  And every day I thank God for my amazing husband who has been so incredible these past six months, comforting me when I'm freaking out about anything and everything, soothing away the nightmares, supporting me and reassuring me that everything will work out when insurance and money seem to be acting against me, and just being there as an incredible rock.  I am so very blessed, and so is Calamity, to have this man in my life.  And I know he's going to make an incredible father.
And then God works through our family and their support, encouragement, and excitement.  When I'm feeling exhausted, or sore, or just so ready to be done being pregnant, I remember how excited my sisters are about being aunts or how the grandparents were overjoyed (and still are) at the thought of a new baby!  And the first grandbaby on either side . . . lots of pressure, right? ;)  But honestly, I am eternally grateful for their love and support.  And advice.  Lots of advice.  But all given with love and taken gladly.  And my friends, my dearest, closest friends who have been there for me through thick and thin.  They have been a Godsend as well . . . truly angels on earth for me.  Whether I'm super excited, or anxious, or nervous, or scared, or done with the day, or impatient, or happy . . . they always know what to say.  And I know God's grace is what brought these wonderful people into my life.
And so it's by God's grace that I pray to be a good mother and wife, to fulfill my duties and obligations well, to shower love upon this child and many more to come, and to raise them in the Catholic faith with the help of my husband as we solemnly take on the duty of leading their souls to Heaven.  What an awesome responsibility, and with God's help, we will do our very best.

No comments:

Post a Comment