Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Four Years Later

“The greatest saints, those richest in grace and virtue will be the most assiduous in praying to the most Blessed Virgin, looking up to her as the perfect model to imitate and as a powerful helper to assist them.”
--Saint Louis Marie de Montfort
It's been four years since my last post.  Law school doesn't really cater to posts on raising children and preparing for a family.  But that's about to change.  I'm blessed to be marrying the love of my life in just 52 days (yes, I have a countdown), and I am so excited to see where God leads us on our path as a family.  I look forward with anticipation to the many, many, many children with which we hope God blesses us.  The thought of running a household, meal planning, and fulfilling my vocation to be a wife and mother thrills me and fills my heart with joy.  And, as my mother has often told me, pursue the things that give you joy.

In an effort to resurrect this blog (and give my brain a chance to exercise its creative outlet), I'm committing to at least one post a week.  Developing that habit may take time . . . and I'll probably slip up from time to time.  But I've been learning over the past few months that developing a good habit is always a good goal, and we just have to keep going and trying.  The true success is not the one who does not fail but the one who gets up when they have fallen.  And since this blog is a confessions of a type, it will ramble across the days of my life . . . from recipes I've tried to struggles I'm facing to glimpses into my little family life.

To anyone who chooses to follow this life of mine, I extend my thanks.  I hope not to bore you, and aspire to inspire or encourage you.  This is my journal.  The record of my life as a wife and mother.  To all mothers out there, I commend you for your task is of the utmost necessity and worthy of the greatest respect.  To families out there, I urge you to stay together.  To fight against our modern age of divorce, separation, and sorrow.  It isn't easy . . . believe you me, I'm well aware.  But good things become that much more precious when we struggle to attain them.

No comments:

Post a Comment